Welcome to the virtual edition of Parent Step Up Night. This site is for parents to use responsively--feel free to watch all videos or pick and choose.
Virtual Step-up for incoming students is coming soon!!
Minnesota School Immunization law requires that all 7th grade students and all new students show proof of the following immunizations:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) booster vaccine
- Polio vaccines (3 shots)
- The Hepatitis B series of (3) shots
- MMR (measles/ mumps/rubella) vaccines (2 shots)
- Has had either Chickenpox disease validated by a physician OR 2 Varicella vaccines.
- First dose of Meningococcal (MCV4) vaccine. One dose is required for incoming 7th grade students. The second dose is typically given at age 16 and is required for all incoming 12th grade students.Please contact your clinic or health provider as soon as possible to schedule your child’s well visit and or needed immunizations for the upcoming 2020/21 school year.All students will be expected to be in compliance with the state immunizations laws for the 2020/21 school year. Your child WILL NOT receive their 7th grade schedule in August until the school receives a record of your child’s updated immunizations, or a notarized exemption form.Children may be exempt from immunization for various reasons, including certain medical conditions or religious/personal beliefs. If your child has a medical condition and is unable to receive certain vaccines, or if your religious/personal beliefs contradict vaccines, please complete the back of the attached form (section 1, A and/or B).Any student planning to participate in the athletic program at the junior or senior high school must have a current SPORTS Physical completed within the last three years and on file at their school. Please return the completed sports physical exam to the nurse at your school or bring it when registering for a sport.All forms can be mailed or emailed to the junior high schools (see school nurse contact information below). If requirements are completed during the summer, please mail or email the documentation to the junior high school office by August 1, 2020.
Included on this page is downloadable information for immunizations/health.