Many children and parents are concerned about when children should stay home or attend school. Here is a quick checklist:
If your child...
- Has a fever of 100 degrees or more—
- The child should stay home for 24 hours after the last episode.
- Has vomited or had diarrhea—
- The child should stay home until 24 hours after the last episode.
- Has any rash for which you do not know the cause—
- Check with your physician/clinic before sending the child to school.
- Has an illness—
- Keep the student at home and call the school daily to report the illness.