We are a welcoming and inclusive school community.
Glen Lake has a rich tradition as a child-centered school with strong parental involvement. Our school community is united in the commitment to help all students reach their highest potential. We are also united in our commitment to celebrating as a community. Family events such as our Spring Arts Festival, Imagination Fair, turkey bingo, and carnival, and activities like Chess Club foster a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Our STEM curriculum inspires and engages our learners.
We inspire and empower our students by providing a science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) focused education that is exciting and challenging. Our teachers use an innovative, hands-on curriculum to engage our students in finding answers to real-world issues by using a problem-solving process.
Learning by doing is inviting and exciting, and allows students to learn better and remember more. Successful hands-on experiences exploring STEM concepts can have a major influence on motivation and confidence in learning. Ultimately, we hope to inspire students to challenge themselves and consider careers in STEM fields. Please visit the STEM at Glen Lake link in our main menu for more information. View our STEM overview slide show or learn more about our STEM curriculum.
We are proud of our high-achieving students.
Glen Lake is a high-performing school with test scores well above the state average for reading and math on the Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment. Our full-time Challenge teacher provides outstanding learning opportunities for our gifted students, and our Special Services staff provides individualized instruction for students with special needs.
Glen Lake Grizzlies demonstrate PAWSitive Pride Behavior.
Our motto: Be PAWSitive! Perform your best. Act in a caring way. Work and play safely. Show respect and responsibility.
Glen Lake teachers use the Responsive Classroom and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) approaches that emphasize social, emotional, and academic growth to create a positive and safe environment. Teachers also utilize the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program to address bullying, improve peer relations, and make our school safer. Our full-time counselor supports these programs and teaches guidance lessons that instill a sense of belonging and willingness to contribute.
Our state-of-the-art technology will WOW you!
Glen Lake provides a technology-rich environment to help students build skills and excel in our competitive global environment.
- High-tech Promethean Interactive Whiteboards improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- Students use learner response systems, ActivExpressions or ActiviVotes, to answer teachers' questions, further engaging them in the learning process.
- Learning experiences are enhanced through the use of laptops, iPads, and desktop computers.
- Glen Lake's wireless environment promotes learning anywhere in our school.
- Teachers use a wireless microphone amplification system to increase student attention and improve learning.
Glen Lake has taken steps to become more energy efficient, environmentally safe, and healthier for children and staff.
- Communications are paperless. Our E-Newsletter saves time, money, and trees.
- We recycle lunchroom organics, plastic, and paper products.
- New windows and an air ventilation system provide a temperature-controlled environment.
- Motion sensors automatically turn off lights in unoccupied spaces.