Inside our preschools you'll discover stimulating learning environments designed to create excitement around learning. Our internationally recognized Reggio-insprired curriculum promotes curiosity and development of the whole child.
Stepping Stones is an unparalleled year-round, year-before-kindergarten preschool. We're open 6:45 a.m.-6:00 p.m., and offer convenient locations: Tanglen Elementary School in Minnetonka, Gatewood Elementary School in Minnetonka, and Meadowbrook Elementary School in Golden Valley. Children must be 4 years old as of September 1st to attend. Questions? Please call 952-988-5000 or email our staff.
What makes Stepping Stones Preschool exceptional:
- Our curriculum. Developmentally appropriate, our guided, discovery-based curriculum is inspired by the signature Reggio Emilia Approach. The curriculum adapts to the interests of the children and allows them to plan, think, experiment, evaluate and amend their ideas.
- The environment. We boast creative, engaging classrooms and natural playgrounds that encourage exploring and inspire learning.
- Our well-trained teachers. Not only do all hold a master's or bachelor's degree, they have extensive experience in creating nurturing surroundings that kindle curiosity and boost learning.
- Social and emotional growth. Children make the social, academic, and physical connections to school, while creating long-lasting relationships.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2017-18 program year.
Apply online or stop in to the Harley Hopkins Family Center at 125 Monroe Ave South in Hopkins to register! Any openings remaining after the lottery are filled on a first come, first served basis.
Questions? Call 952.988.5000 or email us.
More about our Stepping Stones curriculum:
Inspired by the signature Reggio Emilia Approach, we foster critical thinking skills, as well as social and emotional growth in a guided discovery-based setting that helps prepare children for kindergarten.
Activities and exploration will be provided in: Music, Science, Art, Cooking, Computers, Math Skills, Social Skills, Literacy Activities, Problem Solving, Cooperative Activities, Large Muscle Activities, Fine Motor Skills, and Creative Dramatics. We also offer:
- Field trips.
- Natural outdoor playscapes.
- Nutritious meals and snacks.
- A transition and introduction into the elementary school.
Tuition for the 2017-18 school year:
- Full Year - $970/month
- School Year - $1005/month
Tuition is a yearly total divided into equal monthly payments for your convenience. Once enrolled, any change to your contract may affect this monthly payment.
We are a parent tuition-supported program. Once your registration is confirmed, you are able to withdraw by July 1, 2017 and receive a credit of your deposit. Please note: Your $30 registration fee is non-refundable. No refund will occur after the July 1 deadline. Once school has begun, provide us with a 30 day notice and we will apply your deposit to your tuition balance at that time. If less than 30 days is given, your deposit is forfeited.
Stepping Stones Preschool is an excellent choice for families, conveniently located for families in Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, Hopkins, St. Louis Park, Golden Valley, Edina, and Plymouth.
- Gatewood Stepping Stones, 14900 Gatewood Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55345
- Tanglen Stepping Stones, 10901 Hillside Lane, Minnetonka 55305
- Meadowbrook Stepping Stones, 5430 Glenwood Drive, Golden Valley, MN 55422