Leading the way with Technology
The Hopkins District has a rich history of using technology to personalize, enhance, and transform education. Digital learning environments are sprouting up all over Hopkins in preschool through high school.
- The secondary program is enriched by dynamic learning experiences provided by a 1:1 iPad program in grade levels 6-9 and a 1:1 Chromebook program at the high school.
- There are opportunities for Hopkins teachers to become Google Certified.
- To manage the ever-changing technology landscape, Hopkins has 10 technology integration specialists who help teachers use powerful technology.
- All Hopkins classrooms are equipped with ActivBoards, which turns whiteboards into touch sensitive versions of the connected computer screen.
- Voice amplification systems ensure that all students can hear the instructor, regardless of where they are sitting in the room.
We know that technology is always evolving, so we partner with corporations, universities, and our neighboring school districts to learn, share, and improve, never forgetting that our mission is to provide the best instruction possible for our students.
- 24 Hopkins teachers participated in HopDina, a technology collaboration between Hopkins, Edina and Hamline University.
- The Google Apps Hive connects pockets of innovation in different school districts.
- Thanks to our partnership with Hennepin County Library all Hopkins students have an active library card and access to all the digital resources from the Hennepin County Library.